Thread: Older Catalyst and HD

Threaded View

A couple of notes, not that I wish to dispute other experts but I have a few results of my own.
    They do know what they are talking about and I support them. However, I have tested a few of the scenarios.

A G5 can run a TH2G. I had a client doing this every week. Doesn't make it a good idea. Use a Mac Pro.

A G5 can run 3 layers of 1920x1080 but not on 3 different outputs. The memory size must be increased and you must use an SSD. Basically better to use a Mac Pro.

It is possible to run three screens can run 1920x1200 on a single Mac Pro. I do this now in my studio at home using a Matrox device on one of the outputs.
    This is not a setup I would use for a show.

Something else very important to be aware of...
    Multiple Catalyst machines can be synchronized to play together. If you do this, be aware that the more you tax one machine, the more likely you will begin to notice a frame delay between the master and the slaves. You won't notice it as much on discretely different screens but if you edge blend, it will be noticeable if there is a frame lag.
    Last edited by SourceChild; 23-09-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: To enhance clarification
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised