If you want Hog III libraries written, you need to talk to Hog III librarian. He is usually pretty quick.

I find the Hogs more ergonomic and the syntax is more elegant than the Grand MA. Personally, I still program most of my shows on a Hog 2 OS system - preferably a Hog 2. It's simple to write you're own libraries for it too. There are still a few tricks that only the Hog 2 can do, and if the console has been looked after, it's still the most reliable desk around. It also has good timecode support (that will be the AMS Neve timecode chip then), and a decent MSC implementation. The downsides are that the Hog 2 as only 4 universes (without using overdrive boxes), no hard disk - perhaps one of the reasons that makes it intrinsically more reliable than other desks - however, floppies are becoming scarce. It's a better media server programming platform than the 3 - the fades are predicable, and the DMX does what you program. The Hog III still has rounding issues between real world values and DMX.

Whilst I love the Hog 2, it is getting long in the tooth...

The Grand MA is certainly an interesting desk, and I have no doubts that it would do what I want (and it talks Artnet too). What I find rather irritating is MA's stubborn refusal to implement any TCP/IP type media server features for any other media server than Grand MA Video.

Chamsys' Magic Q looks interesting - it's vaguely Hog like, and the media server support is good too - it supports Catalyst's web server.

Hugh