Thread: Presentation Software Integration - Keynote

Hybrid View

The secret is to count frames and create cues that stop the file at each point when the transition stops. Using a Hog 3, I'll build the main cue to Setup as an InFrame on one list. Then I create a second list with Play modes setup as follows:
    im going to try and create a playmode that does this automatically. ( when i get time )
    after peeking around it seems keynote does dump frame information for the slides into quicktime chapter tracks - as part of the movie export.

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    im going to try and create a playmode that does this automatically. ( when i get time )
    after peeking around it seems keynote does dump frame information for the slides into quicktime chapter tracks - as part of the movie export.
    Oh WOW! I'm excited. Granted, my work-around works but it's a pain in the ass and not something I can easily teach to many of the clients I work with for permanent installs.

A playmode that jumps to chapter indexes would be pretty damned cool.
    The only issue I could think of is that I would still have to create a MIDI interface for a trigger device to give to a speaker.

I know this might sound ambitious Richard but since Catalyst can manage Serial and MIDI out so well, what about deriving an interface tool that allows one of the many standard USB presentation devices to trigger forward and reverse steps by chapter when the programmer assigns "Presentation Playback mode."
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised