Thread: Cannot Scale a Layer with Keystone FX

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ljb2of3 View Post
    But, since the boxes turn and move all over the place, and I don't have full dmx control of the mix, I am forced to use a preset submix for only particular things, and go without a submix for other cues.
    moving and turning boxes too?

with live video as they move and turn?

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    visfx5 keystone
    Amazing how much reading the manual *AND* checking the fixture profile on the board would have avoided this whole discussion.

Turns out, the fixture profile was setting the channel to 006, not 005, when I pressed "keystone". Manually setting it to 005 makes everything work the way I thought it should. Now I can go back to programming things the way we had planned to months ago.

The reason I thought it was a bug was that I remembered doing it a long time ago... I thought I was going crazy!

I know how keystone works, the concept makes perfect sense. I'm using scale on the layer to get it close to the size of the box, then using keystone to put the corners of the image where I need them.

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    moving and turning boxes too?

with live video as they move and turn?
    Not quite, that would make this much harder. The boxes move in the dark between scenes, but are in different places every scene. Content consists of mostly static images, with the occasional fire burning or glass breaking from time to time.

I've attached a couple of pictures I just took a few minutes ago. The colored lines all over the floor indicate the positions of the boxes.

All is happy here again... thanks for putting up with me and helping me figuring out what was going on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    landy@ljb2of3.net

Quote Originally Posted by ljb2of3 View Post
    Amazing how much reading the manual *AND* checking the fixture profile on the board would have avoided this whole discussion.

Turns out, the fixture profile was setting the channel to 006, not 005, when I pressed "keystone". Manually setting it to 005 makes everything work the way I thought it should. Now I can go back to programming things the way we had planned to months ago.
    cool. glad we sorted it out.

---

its much harder to track objects moving in 3d! they dont move in straight lines in 2d->3d mapping. you need a lot of points/cues