I would be totally wiling to run my files through a conversioin utility for Catalyst. If I needed to edit the file, I would just edit it and run it through the conversion again, simple. For thos of you who don't care about this feature, you wouldn't need to use it.

It would also be cool if it was DRM because there are so many DVI extenders that preserve DRM, this would make it impossible for the truck to record your digital work, they would be able to record it anologue but if you used Thinklogical DVI fiber extenders or Gefen DVI ST fiber extenders instead of Imagepros, you would be protected to some degree wherever you send your digital DRM content.

This feature would really make things so much more honest and I would have no fear of my several thousand dollar library getting snaked as I've either made or purchased every piece in it and it's over 5000 files long. There are some disks I paid $900 for, all of the Getty Image stuff is very expensive and they won't bend on prices even on bulk, $700 per disk is insane but I've paid the price on several occasions when I first got into the content game. Unfortunately, it is unprotected and still on half of one of my client's machines which means it has traveled to who knows how many external hard drives.

I think it's a very neccessary feature to have but it does rank just under having a Midi driven/driving touchscreen HUD, well about equal.

Christian