Thread: midi and SFX, G-Type, Showman

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by kmclights View Post
    "Showman is exporting this hex string for a GO command on cue 1.5 on Channel 8 - F0 7F 08 02 40 01 31 2E 35 F7. Cue 1.5 is triggered just fine in Catalyst. SFX is exporting this hex string for the same command - F0 7F 08 02 40 01 31 2E 35 00 00 F7. Catalyst does nothing but receives the command and displays "1.5::" in the MSC Last GO window. What are those extra four zeros and how do I get rid of them?"
    Kevin
    kevin

you dont have to get rid of them-
    just type this on the show cue - you want to trigger exactly how you see it received from the controlling device.

so type '1.5::' as the show cue number.

every single device i have ever seen has handled these things differently - and i try to preserve as much information about what the device is sending - so you can do different things if need.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
    you dont have to get rid of them-
    just type this on the show cue - you want to trigger exactly how you see it received from the controlling device.

so type '1.5::' as the show cue number.

every single device i have ever seen has handled these things differently - and i try to preserve as much information about what the device is sending - so you can do different things if need.
    Thanks Richard. All working fine now. Even works with multiple cue lists.

Although not a problem for me right now, how does MSC Input 1 Trigger work? It says Preset in the Link Go To Cue List window, but is not editable to pick a cue list? I'm guessing that it is some way to trigger a preset directly, but then should it not say "Link Preset"?

Thank you again,

Kevin
    Kevin Carson
    Lighting & Video Technician
    Royal Shakespeare Company