Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post
which software are you using catalyst or pixelmad?
Catalyst m132

Quote Originally Posted by samsc View Post

artnet and laptop probably dont have compatible network ranges- networks have subnet masks which determine which physical ( or virtual ) interface is mapped where-

this is the sub net mask in the tcpip settings.

artnet is 2.x.x.x
with subnet mask 255.0.0.0

typically on a LAN a dhcp server will generate addresses in the range 192.168.0.x or similar
with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

what you probably have to do to enable artnet and laptop network on the same physical port is duplicate settings in network setup -

try google- 'Macintosh multi-homing'

i think - then after duplicating the airport settings - you set the duplicate airport network to use an artnet address.

maybe - this stuff is not very easy to understand.
I'm normally pretty up to scratch on networking but i've only been in possession of a mac for a week now so it's a little alien.

I've had my network set up with the mac pro using ethernet 2 as artnet (2.0.0.100 and 255.0.0.0) and ethernet 1 as a direct link to my macbookpro (192.168.201.8 and 255.255.255.0) which I use to inject video updates (I'm doing on the fly content generation)

This works fine in mac, but are you saying that Cat doesnt like the mac showing as multiple IPs and only bonds to the first one it finds?

Cheers.