Thread: Older Catalyst and HD

Hybrid View

I told the client that I would not want to do this with out 3 computers, but they just don't have the cash. They know that it may not work. And if not they are OK with that. I was only going to use the Triple Head to run 2 of the outputs. It says on their website that it will do 2 at 1920X1080. I was going to use the other output to run the third screen. I am going to do some serious testing on this when my new computer gets in.

Thanks for all of your help with this project. I will let everyone know what happens with this.

Quote Originally Posted by efxmaster View Post
    I told the client that I would not want to do this with out 3 computers, but they just don't have the cash. They know that it may not work. And if not they are OK with that. I was only going to use the Triple Head to run 2 of the outputs. It says on their website that it will do 2 at 1920X1080. I was going to use the other output to run the third screen. I am going to do some serious testing on this when my new computer gets in.

Thanks for all of your help with this project. I will let everyone know what happens with this.
    its says on the matrox site - you need to check...
    not all resolutions are supported by all graphics cards or systems..

the graphics card might not support 3 outputs at 1920x1200 either - but it might - you have to check these things.

computer and graphics power is not unlimited.

i myself would not try running more than 2 outputs at 1920 in any configuration - right now- its too close to the edge of performance for safety in a show scenario.

Yes, I would not either, but luckily for me these people are basically beta testers for everything. If there is a new piece of equipment out that has not been tested, they want to test it and give feedback. Like I said, they know that it may not work. I will post back and let everyone know how this comes out.

Also, I meant that I would use the Triple Head to run 2 of the screens and the second output of the computer. It is very possible it wont support it. I can't seem to find any information on their website. I will keep checking.

Thanks

As a backup plan they are going to render everything in 720P also. It should be able to run that right?

Also, they have one video that they want to make custom for the 3 screens. How big of a video will the Catalyst output. I mean 3 screens at 1080i would be a total resolution of 5760X1080. If and I don't even know if a video can be made in that format, if it can, could the Catalyst output it. 3 screens at 720P would be 3840X720. Can it do that.

Thanks for all the help and support for this.