Quote Originally Posted by z6p6tist6
During the cues in question, I am only running one layer of video. I have tried using the play speed to lock in the speed at which the video plays back in relation to the audio. When that didn't appear to be consistent, I checked the new manual and found the function pertaining to setting DMX address 8 (of the given layer) to 0. My interpretation of the manual was that this would play back the video at exactly 1x speed. I would tend to think that if there were processor issues (not enough power) I would see choppiness (as I have with layering intense effects on top of moving images.

Phil
The software does actually play back at 30fps if it can. and it sticks to 30fps. it can be accurate.

If you need the computer to 'sync' accurately to a music source - you have to use timecode of one form or another.

This is because computers exist in their own worlds, they use crystal clocks which are not accurate between computers- which change their frequency with temperature, 2 computers trying to playback audio can and do drift within seconds because their cpu clocks are running at slightly different frequencies.

I did a test with 2 different g4's about a year ago. I started an audio track playing back on both computers - and within about 30 seconds there was an audible different between them.
This was with pro-audio software.

---
to try and help this - d56 can take a timecode input.

---
The main problem you are facing - is your drives-
The problem with internal drives is that they just seem to go off and do other stuff.

I will wait until we know what computer and os you are using before making any further suggestions.
You are probably using photojpeg files as well. they dont playback very consistently.