Thread: edgeblending on a cone

Threaded View

1. Quote Originally Posted by gillekes View Post
    Hello everybody,

Is it possible to do an edgeblending with four video projectors on a cone using the catalyst on a latest gen mac pro with two tripple head to go? we would have a continuas background image. We would open 4 pip with all the same image. The pip have to maintain a 4/3 ratio.
    The cone is made of a 8mt diameter truss cirkel on top and 2mt on the bottom. the 2 cirkels are connected with a stretch fabric which will give us the projection area.

Another idea is to use globe with a 6m diameter. I have the same questions with the globe (edgeblending wit 4 pip etc)

What would be the most practical?

Thanks

Gilles Libert
    Hi Gilles,

My first question would be, what height do you give the cone... All projectors have native 4x3 aspects, so the hight of the cone has to be taken into account for asking yourself how many projectors would be needed. I allways try to calculate it a bit with pixels in height and width... My feeling is that with this cone four projectors is absolutely minimum... At the bottom, 2 mtrs round is really small to do with 4 projectors, considering the 8 mtrs at the top..

You definitly should use the curved screen option and make sure your projectors have an overlap of 20% (if possible). With less overlap it becomes harder to create a seamless blend...
    I did a 360 panorama last year and managed to create a full blend all around. Content was created in a way that both sides matched...

Using PIPs in a 4x3 aspect is off course no problem... Catalyst always keeps the aspect of the content..

Hope this helps you setting up your equipment....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fons Hogenes
    Improve
    Rotterdamseweg 270
    2628 AT DELFT
    Netherlands
    info@improve.nl