As an alternative to ARDP, something I have been doing recently is using a remote keyboard and mouse.

I had an old Gefen KVMoE but the blue channel went out so it was pretty useless. I decided anyway to start taking it with me on shows. I don't use the monitor feature but the Keyboard and mouse part have given me a FOH remote.

Something new I just ordered is the Gefen Wireless USB 2.0 Extender. It was about $400 USD but this thing is amazing. I have a USB mini keyboard and a USB pen mouse that I attached to a plastic board about 10" x 15" in size. On the bottom of the board I glued the USB extender as well as a home made rechargeable battery back with some simple circuits that create the 5 Volts I need for the device and can still plug into a power supply.

Yes, this really works and since it is the same size as my Macbook Pro, it fits in the laptop bag. Now, without wires I can walk around and adjust my images. Incidentally, I can also carry this contraption to FOH and connect a USB drive with updated content. Obviously not something I would do during a show but it is working very well now between rehearsals.