Quote Originally Posted by joshgubler
Did you code it to parse the dmx packets and only pass the state changes to the data model, or did you code it to be constantly updating the data model with every dmx packet parsed?
By way of introduction I wrote the interface that longred is using and I am helping to figure out what is going on in this cue sequence. My guess is the above question from josh is key, my guess is that Cataylst only acts on state changes. It makes sense, it is the way I would do it, especially with dealing with a streaming protocol like DMX.

Our cue 142 as above is really doing 3 things (am I correct Michael?) it is selecting a file (movie), setting Play mode to Display InFrame and setting the Inframe to 150.

We will test this in production tomorrow but my guess is that this is a timing issue (if Catalyst is just looking for state changes). All 3 things listed above are arriving in the same artnet packet (have sniffed using wireshark and my own packet sniffing software), my guess is that it is taking too long to load the movie and that by the time it is loaded Catalyst doesn't think it has to do anything or it thinks that it has set it to frame 150.

What we will do tomorrow is delay the setting of the inframe for a couple seconds so that the movie is loaded before setting the Inframe to 150.

Fun stuff

Stuart Cotts