Quote Originally Posted by Improve
We've done a show early december with a 6 screen wide panorama on two THTG and a MAC PRO...
...Content was created for this job with after effects and illustrator. And some stock content was used...
Hey Improve,

I have a show I am doing in March and I was planning on doing the same configuration. Up to now, I have always used only a single TH2G on a Mac Pro but for this show, I will have two 1x6 blended screens and since I will already be using 2 Cats on other screens, I don't want a ton of extra.
I would prefer making this a 4 cat show instead of a 6 cat show. A few questions I would have for you are:
What was the size and aspect ratio for you content creation? I am guessing something like 2650x480 right? I arrive at this based off of 6 screens at 640x480 subtracting the 5 20% overlap zones. Is this right?
Or, perhaps you were at higher rez like 3200x600 (6 - 800x600 minus 20% overlaps zones).
I am planning on doing research on this and I will probably prototype the entire show in a warehouse before going out but since you've already successfully accomplished this, I wanted to start by getting your input.
One very specific question I would ask is how easy was it to manage the edge blend between the two TH2G devices? Did you have spanned content across the two or did you simply treat one as a left running 6 layers and the other as a right running 6 layers? I am preferring the first of the two scenarios but I am worried you are doing the split is that right?
Most of my shows I prototype and I tend to spend more time in R&D than in production so if you would like to collaborate on solutions that work, send me a message.

And Hey Emilano, the same goes for you too haha. And of course Richard, your input is always wonderful.