I just had GrandMA and catalyst running in my office for training yesterday... (and connected to the internet....)

GrandMA was set to default IP address = 192.168.0.49

I have a DCHP server which gives out address range 2.0.0.2 - 2.0.0.100 subnet 255.0.0.0 - and catalyst mac was set to auto

Patched the corrected version of the Catv3 profile in the GrandMA (download it from the MA user forum... the one on the desk was wrong. I will post the best one here later... might re-write it too)

Everything was connected via gigabit switches - dont worry about the 10baseT speed of artnet - switches sort it out - its not an issue!

Checked Catalyst Artnet viewer HUD - and my input was there! - simple. Patch the layers to the universe that the artnet from your Grand MA appears...(in blue when you change the value)

Note: - Artnet boxes and catalyst doesnt always appear in the GrandMA search screen... However - If you enter the information manually on the GrandMA DMX slot - i.e subnet 0 universe 1 - then it will work.

Im a little confused how GrandMA was able to communicate - especially as the IP addresses were in different ranges - MA = 192.. and Cat and the rest of the network = 2.. but it did. Any suggestions to explain this would be apriciated!....

However - hope this helps to show that it IS possible - with no extra artnet or DMX hardware required. Just a switch and 2 x RJ45 cables

S