you know - i just opened it up again

they removed my entire editing workflow... something that took me a long while to develop
i use sub clips and sequences to edit-

i hate the single window interface-
i hate the fact i can't drag clips where i want them on the timeline-
adding space before and after things-
i hate the fact i can't set in and out points on the timeline to export
i hate the fact it moves my clips around on the timeline when i don't want it to- opening and closing things up- if i want it on track 3- i want it to stay there-
i hate being unable to save versions of edits - when i want to save them
i hate not having the ability to enable or disable everything on a track- to try or test things out-
i can't locate media accurately from old projects- or old discs - i can't use lo-res proxies
i can't lay out my sound tracks-

i edit with multiple sequences at the same time -
i have multiple sequence types
i use multiple bins with clips in- of different types-
i log clips and create sub-clips with different takes - where are sub-clips?
I'm absolutely baffled by the concept of 'events' - i never edited anything like this- i edit sequences - then put them together

Quote Originally Posted by jjrecort View Post
Richard, let me disagree... as editor, working with computers and video since the mid 80's I have to say that FCP X it's the 1st real step ahead since the timeline was invented.

I have worked with many systems... now afters a few months of using FCPX, the rest of apps seems to me as old as going back to U-Matic editors. It's ultra fast, I do the same as before in half the time... it's a sample of the future of the editing... obviously, there are lot's of lacks, but this is why is version 0... just a "taste" of what is coming.