Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TripleHeadtogo now officially support 4 mac

Okay I'm a dork who needs more sleep. dub! That whole 2048 thing LOL.
    Thanks for showing me the err of my ways you big sexy man!
    I'll go find my geek glasses now and try to rediem myself.
    SourceChild
    TODD SCRUTCHFIELD

...if it ain't broke...
    gimme 5 and then don't act surprised

3. Quote Originally Posted by SourceChild
    Hey Improve,

I have a show I am doing in March and I was planning on doing the same configuration. Up to now, I have always used only a single TH2G on a Mac Pro but for this show, I will have two 1x6 blended screens and since I will already be using 2 Cats on other screens, I don't want a ton of extra.
    I would prefer making this a 4 cat show instead of a 6 cat show. A few questions I would have for you are:
    What was the size and aspect ratio for you content creation? I am guessing something like 2650x480 right? I arrive at this based off of 6 screens at 640x480 subtracting the 5 20% overlap zones. Is this right?
    Or, perhaps you were at higher rez like 3200x600 (6 - 800x600 minus 20% overlaps zones).
    I am planning on doing research on this and I will probably prototype the entire show in a warehouse before going out but since you've already successfully accomplished this, I wanted to start by getting your input.
    One very specific question I would ask is how easy was it to manage the edge blend between the two TH2G devices? Did you have spanned content across the two or did you simply treat one as a left running 6 layers and the other as a right running 6 layers? I am preferring the first of the two scenarios but I am worried you are doing the split is that right?
    Most of my shows I prototype and I tend to spend more time in R&D than in production so if you would like to collaborate on solutions that work, send me a message.

And Hey Emilano, the same goes for you too haha. And of course Richard, your input is always wonderful.
    Hey there....

Nice to hear that more people are trying to get the max out of their MAC PRO's....

We did the 1 x 6 panoramo with two THTG on a MAC PRO. With edge blending and offset settings (accordingly to the edge blending area (10% or 20%)) you have in fact on total screen of almost 6000 pixels wide x 768 pixel high. So each projector/screen will be drive by a submix, and we did send all layers to all submixes. So I had 12 layers wich can be used full screen.
    As you know you cannot do content of more than 2048 pixels, so stills and moving images should be cut up in two or three... Or you can try to scale things up, sometimes this works.. But keep in mind your screen resolutions. Some after effekts movies were created in the aspect of the total screen, but rarely run full screen. If you really want fullscreen then you should cut it up into two or three parts wich are played synchronous from the server, but then you might end up with the trouble of playing multiple movies at full speed (25 fps)... I find it different on each show, it is very depending on what you want to show and always keeps asking yourself, how much movies you want to play simultane, and can you do more with stills.

The edge blend we used was 10%, but I find it very hard to get this right. The second show we did with 20% blending, and that is far more easier to get it right. It also makes a difference what projector you use. Cheaper ones are budget wise very fine, but to create overlaps I found it more easy with the better projectors (more expensive, yes!!)

Setting up in a warehouse to program and test it all is a good idea.. You can do a lot there you cannot on the show site.

Hope this helps you, you may give me a call if you like more info...
    Fons Hogenes
    Improve
    Rotterdamseweg 270
    2628 AT DELFT
    Netherlands
    info@improve.nl