Thread: Pixelmad on new Intel tower with dual Net ports? Help!

Angry Pixelmad on new Intel tower with dual Net ports? Help!

I am currently running Pixelmad F63 with an etherlynx box and everything is working ok. The etherlynx is directly plugged into the mac on port 1 and port 1 is set to 2.0.0.5. I need to utilize the second port to allow FTP access into the content drive. When I plug in the second port into the other network, which supports DHCP, the Pixelmad automatically chooses the 192.168.x.x network. Then the etherlynx box stops to output. How can I force pixelmad to only look at ethernet port 1 on the apple tower?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jgoldenberg
    Then the etherlynx box stops to output.
    Good Point ...

I have a system that do exactly what you want to do, running without any problem .

here is how I set my system :

1 ) don't use 2.xxx.xxx.xxx Use 192.xxx.xxx.xxx the etherlynx will output anyway .

2 ) don't use two ports , use a router to connect etherlynx and internet to your mac .

3 ) if you want to upload from internet , use HamachiX , or set a VPN to reach the mac from internet .

E

PS

Get f69

Yes, I cannot do that. The networks have to be separated. I dont want artnet data travelling on the much larger network with the FTP access. It is just not allowed by the network managers.

Yes, I cannot do that. The networks have to be separated. I dont want artnet data travelling on the much larger network with the FTP access. It is just not allowed by the network managers.

No no , just connect the router to your mac

Connect etherlynx to the router .

Connect Mac to the router .

the Artnet will not goes around if you set the router DMZ to the Mac Address .

I cannot connect a router to the mac. The artnet has to be on its own connection. My problem is telling pmad to use ethernet connection1 instead of 2. The artnet cannot live on the same network as the router.

The artnet cannot live on the same network as the router.
    Why not ?

If you use a router Artnet will stay inside the router , then you connect the routwr to internet ( Lan )

And open only FTP port .

I use that and I have no problem .

What I mean GET a Router for your self , then connect the router to the LAN

My problem is telling pmad to use ethernet connection1 instead of 2.

I wish the Same Richard .

I do this all the time....

Using ONLY one network card in the mac - connect the mac to the 'local' side of any 'router' and the internet to the 'wan/internet' side of the router. Artnet as default uses address range 2.x.x.x which IS routable (ie passes though the router - so you must block 2.x.x.x on your router..... or better - use address range 10.x.x.x for artnet - which is either a jumper option. or software (read manual!), which is NOT routable, so no configuration needed on the router.... WIth this method - the routher ascts as the filter between artnet and the internet.

If you need to access the mac, externally through the router, then open a port, use port forwarding or use a DMZ for the mac IP address...

This would be a more reliable method than 2 network cards in the mac.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_P
    I do this all the time....

Using ONLY one network card in the mac - connect the mac to the 'local' side of any 'router' and the internet to the 'wan/internet' side of the router. Artnet as default uses address range 2.x.x.x which IS routable (ie passes though the router - so you must block 2.x.x.x on your router..... or better - use address range 10.x.x.x for artnet - which is either a jumper option. or software (read manual!), which is NOT routable, so no configuration needed on the router.... WIth this method - the routher ascts as the filter between artnet and the internet.

If you need to access the mac, externally through the router, then open a port, use port forwarding or use a DMZ for the mac IP address...

This would be a more reliable method than 2 network cards in the mac.

Simon

well mac pro's have 2 network interfaces as standard.
    i have no idea how to make it work.

these changes are sent to test us all.

you might try a more general mac posting to somewhere.

a general question on 'multihoming' to someone else might do the trick.

you can do this with a single network port.