ok very clear indeed. problem is the system still needs to be bought, so all of this is pure speculative, i'm trying to find out which system to buy.

There is no real need to do photojpeg though, except for quality maybe .. I could also do square pixel dv pal for instance, if that would make the decision for a harddrive system easier (and less expensive ). btw: Does catalystv.4 turn the highquality tab on dv quicktimes on automagically, or do i need to save that with the quicktime ?

It's hard to say now what the content will be exactly, since i'm working on a theatre play in which the content is allways changing, with the development of the play. But i guess there would for instance be quite a lot of brightness in the images, and quite a bit of slow moving images over long timespans. Then of course when this production is over, another will be put on stage, might be very different material. So basically the content could be anything.

Has anyone here installed the atto + scsi disk option i pointed out before in a new mac pro yet ?

Thanks for all the help !

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
you dont have to buy an expensive system - you just need to test your files on your system - and see what happens.

photojpeg performance is very different from dv performance.