Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: video input deinterlaced bug

video input deinterlaced bug

When I use a Video Input, in Full Screen mode is fine, but gets a image very digitalized and with latency... when i choose Deinterlaced in settings of the Video input, the image gets perfect and no latency at all...
    Up to versions 4.05 that was fine, but in version 4.06, since the CROP was implemented, the image gets very strange, the image is CROPPED on the bottom part, like 50% of the image... that can be replicated in all versions 4.06.
    Hope that makes sense... Thanks

Gian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Gian
    When I use a Video Input, in Full Screen mode is fine, but gets a image very digitalized and with latency... when i choose Deinterlaced in settings of the Video input, the image gets perfect and no latency at all...
    Up to versions 4.05 that was fine, but in version 4.06, since the CROP was implemented, the image gets very strange, the image is CROPPED on the bottom part, like 50% of the image... that can be replicated in all versions 4.06.

Gian
    this is a test.

and you have a usb camera- presumably on a laptop - these dont work very fast- they have a lot of latency.
    dont judge performance from your laptop webcam.
    they also consume graphics resources.

I just posted you from home, and yes the image (just to show you what happens) is from my home computer, but the same issue happens on our Catalyst systems, with a Decklink Extreme Card.
    The thing is in versions 4.06 (with the crop option), when I choose Deinterlaced, he TILTS the image on the Video Input down and CROP like 50% of the image...

The big issue here is the POSITIONING of the image or so... Just check it out

Just make a test... open the Video Input, set Deinterlaced and you will see...

May be I am doing something wrong, but I tested all ways...

Gian
    BTW I tested the second input, and the image do not show on the screen at all.

Gian
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

video input in this version is just a test for some new features.

if you need a version without this just email me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gian

Gian

Yes confirmed , same here . ( not on Big Mac machine just a little one , but same results )

Quote Originally Posted by emilianomorgia
    Yes confirmed , same here . ( not on Big Mac machine just a little one , but same results )

yes but this was just a test build....i left it in for someone else .... who needed the cropping.

how to use cropping ?

you click and drag the crop area - in video input HUD - to select only a sub area of the video input.

then select video input 20 - from file.

and it only displays sub-image

just want to report that 4.06 beta 3 was working better . Beta 4 does bad .

also perfomance get VERY VERY VERY slowly on beta 4 ( using a macbook )

I know macbook it's not a top machine , but beta 3 was perform much much much better then beta 4 .

Thanks

there is no difference in performance between these builds.
    because i didnt change anything that affected performance.

are you trying to play back your 3 800x600 movies on your macbook?
    And have then all in sync?