Solved it....

Just tested the 2 catalyst in last week in the warehouse.

It would seem that when you do a remote preview, the sync IDs are not simply reset, they are copied from the server you are previewing!

In this scenario, both servers originally had unique sync ID's - I tested what happened when you do a remote preview to the other server which has sync It's set. During preview - all settings are correctly displayed, as well as the sync ID's - However, on turning off the remote preview, the sync ID's were not simply reset to 'off' - they remained the same as the other server just previewed.

This was exactly the issue as described above, except that when the dongles were swapped - I didn't do a remote preview (no need!). This also fits with the fact that the production had suffered a similar issue on the previous performance - which points to the idea that someone had done a remote preview long before I arrived to do the dongle swap.

so - no correlation between doing a dongle swap and Sync ID's..... definitely an issue with remote preview.

Any chance of fixing the remote preview sync ID issue to avoid this problem in the future Richard???

Cheers

S