Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: cat v4.06 m67 beta 4

Quote Originally Posted by tharding
    Up until now I have been playing with the keystoning & edge blending on a single screen using 2 mixes.

However, today I tried using the keystoning on a single 1280 x 1024 screen stretching one mix to cover the whole area.

I notice that the resolution of my images degrades considerably when I do this. Very pixelated. When I turn keystoning off or turn the straight screen output on it is back to normal.

This will be a major problem if this is the only way I can use the edge blending. I rely on the resolution for hi res stills and graphics. Is there any fix for this?

Cheers

Toby
    still investigating algorithms with regard to limits of past systems and graphics cards.
    needs a lot of VRAM - did some compromises for more compatibility - need to work through issues like this one you mention at hi-resolution output.

Triple Head Hud Question

Playing with a Triple Head 2 Go on on the latested m57 build. Setup is as follows. One DVI monitor connected to the DVI out. One Triple head to go with three monitors connected to the VGA out. Mac and catalyst recognize both screens at the correct resolution DVI at 1024x768 Triple head at 3072x768. The problem is I can't get the HUD keys to appear on the triple head screen only on the DVI screen. If us the MAC control's to swap the Triple Head to Screen 1 and the DVI to Screen 2. Problem tracks, hud keys work on the DVI but not the triple head. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Guy

I am using triple head, without a problem.... The resolution of 3072x768 just work at 75 Hz, so i was having some work on that, but with the 2400 X 800 or 37XX X 1024 on 60 Hz evrething works fine, give it a try...

Gian
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

Gian, thanks for the response. I could get the HUD controls to appear when I set the output resolution to 2400x600 (not sure about the refresh rate.) Still no joy when set to 3072x768.

depends on what the graphics card in the mac supports - it might not support that resolution?

not all cards will go that high.

which mac did you use?

I know, me either,... I am very happy with 2400 X 600, and I tested with some monitors what do accept 75 Hz, and works fine on higher resolutions,

Gian
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

not every graphics card - OR every monitor or combination of monitors supports the maximum allowable resolution at every refresh rate - from the triple head or dual head 2 go devices.

you have to play around to see what comes works and what doesnt.
    try setting the monitor outputs, and if the sceen doesnt come back up - its not worked.

m66 beta 4

Edge blending with fixed sync.

Much improved sync between layers on local and remote playback layers.
    New ability to lock to exact monitor refresh rate.
    Fixed artnet universe output mapping incorrectly restricted.
    Added MMC ( midi machine control ) device.

realy nice new things in it;-)

Quote Originally Posted by tharding
    Up until now I have been playing with the keystoning & edge blending on a single screen using 2 mixes.

However, today I tried using the keystoning on a single 1280 x 1024 screen stretching one mix to cover the whole area.

I notice that the resolution of my images degrades considerably when I do this. Very pixelated. When I turn keystoning off or turn the straight screen output on it is back to normal.

Toby
    resolution has been increased - can you check to see whether its better for you?

It can be increased more if needed.