Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: cat v4.06 m67 beta 4

What about a WideScreen option...

like Wide Left and Wide Right... or how i can make a movie moves from Mix 1 to Mix 2 and make the Panorama.... That works easily with the Matrox too ?
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

easy.

with no keystoning-
    set mix 1 with "Mix X offset" of -1
    set mix 2 with "Mix X offset of +1

as shown.

select layer 1 on mix 1 and 2.

layer now moves seemlessly between mixes.

To work with matrox you just have to move the mixes to the right place on the screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

m57 new features

added top and bottom blend
    added presets for Matrox dual head and single screen

mix layer select from dmx - you can select which layer gets patched to each mix via dmx.

Quote Originally Posted by Gian
    That works easily with the Matrox too ?
    matrox triple head gives you 3 'full screen' vga outputs from a single dvi interface.
    matrox dual head gives you 2 'full screen' vga outputs from a single dvi interface.

matrox is really easy to setup - no drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by tharding
    1. Top and Bottom blends. I have done a couple of shows now where we have done the big portrait look. I can see there may be some issues if you have all edges on at once. The corners would end up over faded perhaps but it would be great to be able to stitch multiple projectors together up/down and left/right. Perfect for those situations when you don't have the rear projection distance for one or 2 big projectors.

2. Someway of saving presets for Mix positions/layout and assignments. I can see the need to be able to change which layers go where during a show. For instance there might be the Corporate bit at the start of the night over multiple screens but at the end of the night you want to have the maximum number of layers available behind a band and just holding logos on other screens.
    top bottom blends and mix offsets are in m57.

you can also select the mix layers from dmx in m57

im working on positions and layouts from dmx.

Nice!

Hugh

Is it possible to get things like the kaleidescope, wave effects and wipes to work across the mixes as opposed to only inside their individual windows. I especially could use the wrap rotate effect if it worked wide screen instead of mapping onto the cylinder.

Also, I am not plugged into the console at the moment so I can't check, but where on the interface is the "smooth" function? I use it all the time in 3.3 for nice text crawls and the like. If it is still available via DMX that is fine but it would be great to have it to put into presets.

Cheers

Toby Harding

Is it possible to get things like the kaleidescope, wave effects and wipes to work across the mixes as opposed to only inside their individual windows. I especially could use the wrap rotate effect if it worked wide screen instead of mapping onto the cylinder.
    some of the fx havent been fixed yet for the new panoramas.
    most fx work.

Also, I am not plugged into the console at the moment so I can't check, but where on the interface is the "smooth" function? I use it all the time in 3.3 for nice text crawls and the like. If it is still available via DMX that is fine but it would be great to have it to put into presets.

Cheers

Toby Harding
    movement smoothness is still there.

Up until now I have been playing with the keystoning & edge blending on a single screen using 2 mixes.

However, today I tried using the keystoning on a single 1280 x 1024 screen stretching one mix to cover the whole area.

I notice that the resolution of my images degrades considerably when I do this. Very pixelated. When I turn keystoning off or turn the straight screen output on it is back to normal.

This will be a major problem if this is the only way I can use the edge blending. I rely on the resolution for hi res stills and graphics. Is there any fix for this?

Cheers

Toby