Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: cat v4.06 m67 beta 4

I saw 10.4.6 Only ? Any problems with 10.4.7 ? or was just not tested ?

Tks

Gian
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by tharding
    For the shows I do we usually have a projector overlap of 20% as a minimum. Seemed to work best with the Barco soft edge system built into the projectors.

Cheers

Toby
    ill try and add overlap options.

i started with 10%, Ill add 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Gian
    I saw 10.4.6 Only ? Any problems with 10.4.7 ? or was just not tested ?

Tks

Gian
    10.4.6 or greater.
    10.4.7 seems to work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by tharding
    For the shows I do we usually have a projector overlap of 20% as a minimum. Seemed to work best with the Barco soft edge system built into the projectors.

Cheers

Toby
    m56 added 20% and 25% variable edge blending.

Awesome!

Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    m56 added 20% and 25% variable edge blending.
    Just tried it out, looks like it will work a treat. Unfortunately I don't have access to projectors today but will do so during the week.

I have some suggestions for other things that would be usefull alongside this feature.

1. Top and Bottom blends. I have done a couple of shows now where we have done the big portrait look. I can see there may be some issues if you have all edges on at once. The corners would end up over faded perhaps but it would be great to be able to stitch multiple projectors together up/down and left/right. Perfect for those situations when you don't have the rear projection distance for one or 2 big projectors.

2. Someway of saving presets for Mix positions/layout and assignments. I can see the need to be able to change which layers go where during a show. For instance there might be the Corporate bit at the start of the night over multiple screens but at the end of the night you want to have the maximum number of layers available behind a band and just holding logos on other screens.

Also once you have used a particular type of projector in a set up it would be nice to be able to recall the configuration that worked best. Especially with the edge blends.

With the use of the Matrox box I can now free the second output up to give myself a full screen preview of the panorama by using smaller mix boxes. This is especially helpful when you are setting up and there are no projectors up yet. You can preview the whole screen without the offsets or blends and continue to program onsite. Being able to save this as a preset/template would be great.

3. Maybe if the keystone default was to fill the Mix frame then the reset function would always give you a flat picture with edge blending and alleviate the need to have a separate process for doing flat edge blending. Just a thought. I have no idea how difficult that is to do.

All in all this is a fantastic addition and is going to make life so much easier for those of us that have been relying on hardware solutions for edge blends and panoramas. Not to mentioned how much easier the programming becomes when you don't have to incorporate offsets into your palettes.

Thanks Richard!

Cheers

Toby Harding

When using global keystoning/edge blending on mixes, they do not apply to the XVGA outputs on the computer, is that correct? Do these new features only apply to pixel sub-mixes and when using Matrox 'Triple Head to Go'? Maybe I'm missing a step.

Thanks!

p.s. you must be excited about the new mac pros that were released. I'll be picking up one soon. I'll have to give Catalyst a try on it.
    Andrew Atienza

Fx Production Services
    http://www.fx-ps.com

they do apply to the xga outputs. you have to make a sub-mix the size of the xga output....

turn off the main output.

result is the same.

Gotcha. Tried it and it works for Output 1, but I can't drag any mixes to the second output (they will drag over, but I see nothing on the screen). Currently using m56 beta 1.
    Andrew Atienza

Fx Production Services
    http://www.fx-ps.com

you dont drag any mixes to second screen.

you use the hud on the second screen to open the mix on that screen.
    use 'z' and 'x' keys to turn on hud on second screen.

this way its more flexible than before - any mix can be 'full screen'- on any screen.