Thread: cat v4.06 m67 beta 4

Hybrid View

Matrox Triple head

does the triplehead box work on the 4.0 release or just the new beta? It looks like it might be a lifesaver for me, but I'm nervous about using beta for a show.

thx

Sven

Quote Originally Posted by Robenspiel
    does the triplehead box work on the 4.0 release or just the new beta? It looks like it might be a lifesaver for me, but I'm nervous about using beta for a show.

thx

Sven
    triple head is a clever vga splitter box - that tells the computer its connected to a very large screen - no drivers required.
    so i believe it will work with any software - unless there are limits on the size of the screen the software expects.

what i did is make presets to put the sub-mixes in sensible places for the triple head- thats kindof all i did with this.

you should of course be concerned about using any piece of hardware or software on a show that you havent tested in your situation with your equipment.

---

triple heads are cheap -UKP200 - and whether they stand up to touring - who knows?

there is also a twin head 2 go which has 2 outputs, i have tested this a little and it seems to work fine

thanks fr the info. What I think I'll do is stay with my current version and get a triple head box to experiement with.

thanks!

SX

i had have most of the stuff here out on radiohead for 3 months now - using a quad g5. it went fine. but you should always check for yourself.

what computer do you have?