Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matrox MXO DVI-hdsdi convertor

From what I understand of this product, it has quicktime drivers and takes the quicktime output and converts it to SDI, so this should work with catalyst, correct??

no.

? DVI to broadcast-quality video conversion in HD and SD
    --
    from what i believe it has nothing to do with quicktime. it just takes the dvi output and converts it to sdi.
    much more useful. like a scan convertor - except the conversion is completely digital.

if it did what you describe it would be no use to catalyst. as catalyst uses opengl to do the graphics.

But i can capture the SDI from a Blackmagic Extreme, so using that i can

Capture PPT powerPonit presentations, or other from another computer source, using the DVI output from that computer, converting to SDI,
    DVI - SDI thru the Matrox, and then have that captured right ???
    Any guess in how will be the resolution of the computer captured, since the Balckmagic understands up to 1080, i belive i can get a much better result than transforming the powerpoint computer output in Video.

And then that problaby works with Catalyst thru Balckmagic right ?

Gian
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Gian
    But i can capture the SDI from a Blackmagic Extreme, so using that i can

Capture PPT powerPonit presentations, or other from another computer source, using the DVI output from that computer, converting to SDI,
    DVI - SDI thru the Matrox, and then have that captured right ???
    Any guess in how will be the resolution of the computer captured, since the Balckmagic understands up to 1080, i belive i can get a much better result than transforming the powerpoint computer output in Video.

And then that problaby works with Catalyst thru Balckmagic right ?

Gian
    you cant get any catalyst output from any decklink card.

this box enables sdi to be generated direct from the dvi output - and captured if you want...

this box is basically a scan convertor - like the extron scan convertors or other - except its a bit cheaper and does dvi-hdsdi - which has only been available on expensive convertors like the folsom imagepro hd.

From the Matrox MXO forum.....

"The Matrox MXO is designed to work with any QuickTime based application, so it's not tied to any particular version of FCP. It's not even tied to FCP.
    It'll work with Motion, Shake, After Effects, Combustion etc...as long as the app is a QT based app that has video output capabilities."

From reading on some other forums from people at NAB, I'm getting the feleing tha tthis connects to quikctime and converts the quicktime output, which is how it's frame accurate. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I wouldn't run out and spend 1000 on something that might not work for Catalyst. Especially when Gefen announce on thet's only a few hundred more.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonrudolph
    From the Matrox MXO forum.....

"The Matrox MXO is designed to work with any QuickTime based application, so it's not tied to any particular version of FCP. It's not even tied to FCP.
    It'll work with Motion, Shake, After Effects, Combustion etc...as long as the app is a QT based app that has video output capabilities."

From reading on some other forums from people at NAB, I'm getting the feleing tha tthis connects to quikctime and converts the quicktime output, which is how it's frame accurate. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I wouldn't run out and spend 1000 on something that might not work for Catalyst. Especially when Gefen announce on thet's only a few hundred more.
    it seems it does do something like this
    it has two modes "Quicktime mode", and "presentation mode"

In ?Presentation Mode?, Matrox MXO mirrors the contents of your secondary desktop and displays it as high quality SDI and
    analog video simultaneously. This mode can be used, for example, to record and display Keynote and PowerPoint presentations
    or web browser sessions. It can also be used to create software application training. MXO will downscale the desktop resolution
    to the video output format you select. If the desktop resolution is smaller than the video output format, it will be presented
    centered on the video output. A flicker reduction filter ensures solid, stable video output. The system?s audio playback will be
    routed to the analog audio outputs and to one user-selectable stereo pair in the embedded SDI signal.

Ah the gefen box -

this was vapourware for a while!
    has made a reappearance - but the list price is $2999 - shown at the bottom of this page-

http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=3183

DVI splitters are a life saver when dealing with DVI-D...
    Hugh