Quote Originally Posted by jasonrudolph
From the Matrox MXO forum.....

"The Matrox MXO is designed to work with any QuickTime based application, so it's not tied to any particular version of FCP. It's not even tied to FCP.
It'll work with Motion, Shake, After Effects, Combustion etc...as long as the app is a QT based app that has video output capabilities."

From reading on some other forums from people at NAB, I'm getting the feleing tha tthis connects to quikctime and converts the quicktime output, which is how it's frame accurate. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I wouldn't run out and spend 1000 on something that might not work for Catalyst. Especially when Gefen announce on thet's only a few hundred more.
it seems it does do something like this
it has two modes "Quicktime mode", and "presentation mode"

In ?Presentation Mode?, Matrox MXO mirrors the contents of your secondary desktop and displays it as high quality SDI and
analog video simultaneously. This mode can be used, for example, to record and display Keynote and PowerPoint presentations
or web browser sessions. It can also be used to create software application training. MXO will downscale the desktop resolution
to the video output format you select. If the desktop resolution is smaller than the video output format, it will be presented
centered on the video output. A flicker reduction filter ensures solid, stable video output. The system?s audio playback will be
routed to the analog audio outputs and to one user-selectable stereo pair in the embedded SDI signal.