Thread: v3.32 h25 - v4 m40

Hybrid View

I am running h25 on my dual2.0 G5 (bought from HES 2.5 years ago). I am currently running 10.3.8 which is recommended on the blackmagic design page for the decklink extreme.

I'm not at all knowledgable on the Mac. Is 10.3.8 that much different than 10.3.9 that you wouldn't recommend it? My system hasn't shown any real problems recently, but I also don't push it that hard.

Thanks.
    Bob Brigham

Quote Originally Posted by rbrigham
    I am running h25 on my dual2.0 G5 (bought from HES 2.5 years ago). I am currently running 10.3.8 which is recommended on the blackmagic design page for the decklink extreme.
    not sure which page you saw that?

unless that page is old - this is not something that blackmagic would be recommending. - see below.

Quote Originally Posted by rbrigham
    I'm not at all knowledgable on the Mac. Is 10.3.8 that much different than 10.3.9 that you wouldn't recommend it? My system hasn't shown any real problems recently, but I also don't push it that hard.
    there were actually major changes - mostly hidden - at 10.3.9 - such that 10.3.9 is the only version supportable by any applications that are built with apples development system...

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    not sure which page you saw that?

unless that page is old - this is not something that blackmagic would be recommending. - see below.
    i believe on this page here:

http://decklink.com/support/detail.a...60#ppc_panther

they refer to this - but i believe they are talking about final cut 5.x - a final cut 5.x problem and decklink - not anything to do with this.

yes but i think this refers to final cut 4.5 and decklink compatibility.

i believe they are refering to a problem between final cut 4.5 and 10.3.9....

with catalyt - i recommend you use 10.3.9

Ok, 10.3.9 it is. I'll post if there is any wackiness with the Blackmagic card. Thanks Richard.

-RB

if it is running - fine- and you have a show that is currently running- dont suggest you change anything or update anything.

one never knows what happens...