Thread: Matrox MXO

Hybrid View

Browsing the Internet, i found will be release in April, and will be a MSRP 995,00 US dollars. That's bring me couple questions.

Sometimes, i need to deliver the feed in COMPOSITE, not RGB, i used before the regular DVI - Video adapter from Apple. That is very very cheap 40 bucks or so, but works pretty well.

I did try to get output from my Decklink Extreme Pro, Y, using Video Desktop, but i did not got to work with Catalyst, even moving the screen configuration at DISPLAY PREFERENCES. Is any way i can get the COMPOSITE or COMPONENT out from the Blackmagic working togheter Catalyst.
    And if yes, worth the job ? Is that better than the regular DVI - Video adaptator from Apple ?

BTW i am currently using 4.02

Thanks
    Gian
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Gian
    I did try to get output from my Decklink Extreme Pro, Y, using Video Desktop, but i did not got to work with Catalyst, even moving the screen configuration at DISPLAY PREFERENCES. Is any way i can get the COMPOSITE or COMPONENT out from the Blackmagic working togheter Catalyst.
    And if yes, worth the job ? Is that better than the regular DVI - Video adaptator from Apple ?
    Thanks
    Gian
    decklink video desktop - needs to be completely switched off.

it is not compatible in any way with catalyst. it also causes performance problems if left on.
    catalyst uses opengl - which needs the real graphics card.
    the decklink card has no opengl functionality - and it never will.

the apple s-video output adaptors have also worked fine for me - and they output through the graphics card.