Same show different problems.

In the last scene of the afternoon performance white flashes occurred on the video outputs of our hired catalyst system (like camera flashes). These were visible on the local monitors.

In the evening these flashes became more frequent.

Unrelated to the white flashes, on 2 occasions video stopped playing mid cue (leaving the last played frame on the screen). Apart from these freezes, in the middle of running cues, all cues started correctly when cued.

This is not , I think, related to our previous issue as this time the flashes and freezes were visible on the local monitors. The screen blanking issue we had before was due to electrical disturbance on the Smart E Cat5 units dropping sync to the projectors. The show has run entirely trouble free for the past few days

We had the video freezing on a couple of clips 2 weeks ago on the second show of our first 2 show day. At the time I thought the cues had run out and made new extended versions. But thinking about it, the original cues had a good safety margin in terms of length and must have been playing slow as the 2 screens had drifted out of sync. (The layers are free running and not synced to an ID, but generally stay bang in time).

The common thing between these 2 ocassions when the video froze is that the control room is considerably hotter on the second show. Also the flashing problem only occurred towards the end of the first show. I would suspect a heat related problem with the hired server. The other server has not exhibited any problems. I am wary of acting on this diagnosis pending your thoughts on whether this sounds like a hardware issue.

Mic