Thanks for your prompt reply.

I think the main thrust of my initial problem might have got obscured by my later points.

Leaving aside the loss of sync issue (which I accept is unrelated if Catalyst couldn't have caused it):

I am unclear as to whether you are saying that when Catalyst is overloaded it should only drop frame rate and pause momentarily, or whether blank output can be expected under some overload conditions.

I still have a glitch, which has caused screen blanking, that occurs at 2 specific points in the show which have the common condition that they have been playing long cues before a crossfade.

We have replicated these problems outside show running when all other systems have been off so I don't think its a power or RF issue.

The crossfades on these cues are also quite long (20s) and I appreciate that, as originally programmed, for the duration of these crossfades Catalyst was playing out 4 layers of 800x600 photojpeg. But having changed the incoming footage to inframe it is only playing moving video on 2 of the 4 layers involved for the crossfade duration which should be well within the system capability.

Thanks

Mic

BTW the performance of 3.31 on the G5 Quad has been very good. I am playing out 1024x768 Photo jpegs on screen1 and 800x600 jpegs on screen 2 and everything is pretty solid during simultaneous crossfades on both screens.