Thread: v4/pixelmad

v4/pixelmad

Hi Everyone,

I had a question about using pixellines in Catalyst v4. Do you need to purchase Pixelmad and Catalyst to use the LED fixtures or are they bundled together when you use the v4 server?

Working on an upcoming show and wanted to make sure I had the correct software to accomplish the effect we are looking for.

Thanks

Aaron

I am not shure, and i belive here they will answer us for shure.

What i did understood, is Catalyst V4 has a PixelMAD implemented.
    So basicly you have all the CAT3 functions, 2 more layers, some more stuff and a PixelMAD included (included in the software).

I also undrstand if i need only PixelMAD, i can get it from them directly, without need HES. But getting v4 gets you CAT and PixelMAD all togheter.

Please let us know if i got it right.

BTW Cat v4 is not available yet, HES said arround April.
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

i believe catalyst v4 was being sold as of monday this week.

http://community.highend.com/showfla...at=&Number=761

v4 pro has 5 dmx universes built in, dv and xpres 2 universes.
    you can buy more from me ( or hes in future ).

if you dont need full screen video outputs, you can get pixelmad from me with various options.

----

you can download fully working versions of all the software -from here to test that it does what you might need.

Thanks Gian and samsc,

That is what I needed to know.

Aaron

Actually one more quick question...

I know cat v4 has 2 outputs...but can you have two outputs and still have a seperate output for pixelmad? Or does Pixelmad count as one output? I have a fealling that it is pixelmad and one other output. Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks again,

Aaron

pixelmad works through having smaller submixes that have to be visible.

most of the shows i did with this had up to six sub-mixes going to pixel dmx fixtures or lo-res video screens.

catalyst v4 has four mixed outputs- not all full screen...but many led video screens can take a smaller feed.