Thread: infiniband raid?

I've been considering buying one of these for my edit machine at home, if I do, I'll do a little testing with catalyst.

Jason

jason.

are you doing hd type things yet?
    or still standard def?

i know you care about performance - we just did a show in europe with 4 layers at 1024x768 from one machine with an xserve raid.

show consistsed of 2 machines both with 4 layers from 2 separate halves of xserve raid.

Still mostly Standard def, but starting to experiment with HD. I'm hoping to do HD for an upcoming new years show where I will have some time to experiment with different configs with the XSERVE RAID. Probably will be 720p stuff mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    i know you care about performance - we just did a show in europe with 4 layers at 1024x768 from one machine with an xserve raid.

show consistsed of 2 machines both with 4 layers from 2 separate halves of xserve raid.
    1024x768 content, or just display resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonrudolph
    1024x768 content, or just display resolution?
    content

Quote Originally Posted by jasonrudolph
    Still mostly Standard def, but starting to experiment with HD. I'm hoping to do HD for an upcoming new years show where I will have some time to experiment with different configs with the XSERVE RAID. Probably will be 720p stuff mostly.
    using photojpeg 50-60% will just give you a couple of layers of 720p

using photojpeg 50-60% will give you a single layer of 1080p