Thread: Catalyst CIB

Hybrid View

only the dmx input works.

nothing else was ever implemented.

It would be soooooo usefull if the midi worked.......

(add to the list of wishes.....)

S

it would but there is noone at flying pig left to do anything like this....
    and/or continue to support it.

the cib has been obsolete for at least 2 years now.

Sorry Mr . B , but why don't you write an application to make the G5 compatible with the hog III ethernet Network ?

a G5 can store and caltulate a lot's of datas !

I'm not sure how the FlyingPig network protocol works , but it must be based on TCP/IP so ... just make the G5 work as a " dp 2000 " , Just put the g5 in the same network and let it store and calculate every things it need to be a part of the hog 3 network .

Using DMX to run a cat it's a waste of resources !!! a G5 and a Hog MUST work with out using a 15 years old technology made to controll DIMMERS !!!!

It's the Cat just a dimmer ???

And if you think that I'm right ... don't think to make this in Version 5 ... Don't wait soo long , just let Austin understand that this is the best way to make the different from the other toy in the Market .

Best regards

Emiliano

Great Idea!

Can you get Artnet out the back of a Hog III???? - cant remember - in which case you can do this already without the need for a CIB...

But... then where do you stop? - Include GrandMA protocol, computlie, Strand, Martin, etc etc

That said - it would be a smart solution. - maybe thats a way of getting thumbnails in to pallets on a Hog III? only take u 5 mins wouldn't it?

S

NO artnet output in the hog III . ArtNet need to be calculate by the consolle , Hog III do not calculate the Ql , the dp 2000 do it for the Hog , that's way it's not possible to use Artnet with Hog III , may be one day High End will make a " DP artnet " that will calculate the channels for the hog .

Right now you can controll the catalyst allready with artnet protocol , so it mean that you can run it from a Grand Ma , but you will need to connect the Cib any way ( I think so , not sure ) cuz the License Key it's inside the CIB .

Any way the Hog III protocol it's based on TCP/IP so , if catalyst " simulate " a dp2000 it can be controlled directly by the hog .

I'm sure the G5 have the power to do things like this , I also think that it will take a lots of time to write this application to simulate the dp2000 and also this will be a complete new project from the catalyst application .

probrobly we will need to wait untill high end will ship a " dp artnet " box

PS

Maxzyz do have artnet allready
    Grand Ma do have artnet allready
    Strand ? do they make light consolle ?

The problem with the III talking directly with Catalyst is that with the III the DP's do most of the actual DMX/ fixture control processing. This is so the console doesn't get bogged down with those remedial tasks

A DP-Artnet would be a great idea, would simplify things alot, but that's a good suggestion for High-End.

Using a GrandMa is great, I've done 5 servers off of it, and only simply hooked up a switch off the console and ran cat5 to each of the servers, made it very quick and clean.