Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catalyst CIB

Catalyst CIB

I dont know if this is the right place but it seems like the CIB has been left out everywhere!! Where can I find a manual of this unit? How do I use it? I know all the plug the dmx in here bit but what about the midi in/out and that?

Feel free to email me

Cheers

Martin Bevz

only the dmx input works.

nothing else was ever implemented.

It would be soooooo usefull if the midi worked.......

(add to the list of wishes.....)

S

it would but there is noone at flying pig left to do anything like this....
    and/or continue to support it.

the cib has been obsolete for at least 2 years now.

Sorry Mr . B , but why don't you write an application to make the G5 compatible with the hog III ethernet Network ?

a G5 can store and caltulate a lot's of datas !

I'm not sure how the FlyingPig network protocol works , but it must be based on TCP/IP so ... just make the G5 work as a " dp 2000 " , Just put the g5 in the same network and let it store and calculate every things it need to be a part of the hog 3 network .

Using DMX to run a cat it's a waste of resources !!! a G5 and a Hog MUST work with out using a 15 years old technology made to controll DIMMERS !!!!

It's the Cat just a dimmer ???

And if you think that I'm right ... don't think to make this in Version 5 ... Don't wait soo long , just let Austin understand that this is the best way to make the different from the other toy in the Market .

Best regards

Emiliano

Great Idea!

Can you get Artnet out the back of a Hog III???? - cant remember - in which case you can do this already without the need for a CIB...

But... then where do you stop? - Include GrandMA protocol, computlie, Strand, Martin, etc etc

That said - it would be a smart solution. - maybe thats a way of getting thumbnails in to pallets on a Hog III? only take u 5 mins wouldn't it?

S

NO artnet output in the hog III . ArtNet need to be calculate by the consolle , Hog III do not calculate the Ql , the dp 2000 do it for the Hog , that's way it's not possible to use Artnet with Hog III , may be one day High End will make a " DP artnet " that will calculate the channels for the hog .

Right now you can controll the catalyst allready with artnet protocol , so it mean that you can run it from a Grand Ma , but you will need to connect the Cib any way ( I think so , not sure ) cuz the License Key it's inside the CIB .

Any way the Hog III protocol it's based on TCP/IP so , if catalyst " simulate " a dp2000 it can be controlled directly by the hog .

I'm sure the G5 have the power to do things like this , I also think that it will take a lots of time to write this application to simulate the dp2000 and also this will be a complete new project from the catalyst application .

probrobly we will need to wait untill high end will ship a " dp artnet " box

PS

Maxzyz do have artnet allready
    Grand Ma do have artnet allready
    Strand ? do they make light consolle ?

The problem with the III talking directly with Catalyst is that with the III the DP's do most of the actual DMX/ fixture control processing. This is so the console doesn't get bogged down with those remedial tasks

A DP-Artnet would be a great idea, would simplify things alot, but that's a good suggestion for High-End.

Using a GrandMa is great, I've done 5 servers off of it, and only simply hooked up a switch off the console and ran cat5 to each of the servers, made it very quick and clean.

How many Channels can the Grand Ma process ?

What's the Maximun ?

What's the different to run thise channel in artnet or via internal DMX ?

I'm curiuos . I'm sure that the Hog can do more then the MA . MA it's ok , but it doesent fly high like the pig !

The GrandMa has 4 universes onboard, direct DMX out, and another 4 available via artnet, or all 8 via artnet.

Yes the III can do many more