Thread: Catalyst/G5 Lockup

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by RobbJibson
    I have a pro v3.3 server on tour that is displaying these same symtoms. The lock up usaully occurs once I display any .tiff file larger than 5mb in size. Tonight the server went down in the show and would not reboot. Had to take it out of the case(Highend Anvil Case) set it up right and let it sit a bit. This too is a stock HES server. Any insight would be awesome! I tested it during load out a bit and all seemed fine, will test on the next show day...

Robb-
    Lighting Designer
    My Chemical Romance
    this is something in quicktime that is locking up - not catalyst.
    all graphics file handling is run through this.

what is the image size in pixels of your file?
    can you email me the file?

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    this is something in quicktime that is locking up - not catalyst.
    all graphics file handling is run through this.

what is the image size in pixels of your file?
    can you email me the file?
    Richard, I re-did this file as a .jpeg and there are no issues... It was a 300dpi .tiff file @ 2000 x 2000 sqaure @ somethign like 7.6mb in size. The issue that I have is that I need the files to be high resolution because I have to have the artwork small and in the center, so that the surrounding area blocks the frame when I zoom in... Thats why it is so big... I was using .tiffs as a way to perserve transparent layers, as I have not been able to get a .jpeg to do this (I read somewhere else on this forum the way to do it, but I can't make it work) Only now with the .jpeg I have to use the colourfx channel to do the transperancies... Does that increase server workload over displaying a already transperant file?

Robb