I have a Catalyst pro system, purchased from High End a little over year ago. It is an all stock configuration, with an addition of a Decklink Extreme.

It has had many driver, os, and catalyst software updates over the last year. At some point, it picked up a nasty habit of randomly locking up, sometimes after a couple of hours of uptime, other times it will run for a couple of weeks without any problem.

Can someone tell me the current software and firmware version that are stable with Cat3.3? Specifically, MacOS, Radeon 9800 (software and firmware), Decklink, and Orangemicro USB controller (which I think might be the problem). Note: orangemicro.com no longer exists.

I have already checked most of the typical physical points of lockup: nothing is loose, fans work as normal, unit never gets too warm, power is through a UPS.

Thank you.
-Bob

Update: I posted this message earlier today on the HES Digital Lighting forum. Tonight, I had the system lockup again, but didn't realize as I was running cues. Something came up that I hadn't found before:
The catalyst isn't fully locking up. The media running will completely stop, and at the G5 it appears to be locked up (keyboard shortcuts don't work, unable to quit program), but from the console I can adjust the level of the 4 layers. I cannot change content on layers or any other parameter, just level.