Thread: 3d Objects

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by micpool@mac.com
    if you had a loop of 20 300k model poses it would take up 6Mb or so , not that huge.

I thought live was the whole point. Most of my work is prerendered, but ocassionally I do need to throw together a few looks for some ambient visuals with no pre-production, I think a few animated figures, would be more interesting to play with than a cardboard cut out forest.

Also I think the more possibilities included in software tools, the more amazing creative things video designers will find to do with them beyond what was originally envisaged.
    i can give you more models in a test version - if you like?

Sorry get on the discussion,

But i like that...

Richard, you can email me some models ? or have it on the web for dwnload?

my email is gbortolotti@ibeamsp.com

Thanks

BTW Great job on version 4. Looks great

Gian
    Gian
    Ibeam SP
    SP, Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by Gian
    Sorry get on the discussion,

But i like that...

Richard, you can email me some models ? or have it on the web for dwnload?

my email is gbortolotti@ibeamsp.com

Thanks

BTW Great job on version 4. Looks great

Gian
    there are a few simple ones builtinto the software.
    they are a visual fx.

there are many places to download models on the net -

http://turbosquid.com/

I look at the model feature to enable one to project on very obtuse or nonlevel surfaces such as arcs and the like without muddling up the image. A good example are when production designers make wings on the Grammy's to project on. Originally those wings were 3d convex and concave wings that needed a model mask for each segment in order for the image not to distor. They had to eventually flatten out the wings so that the content wouldn't distort.

Richard is correct about rendering in games. It's a farce. Caustics, shadows, fire, nearly every effect is not done in the way you would if you were rendering out to a movie. It is faked. If you saw the geometry of game characters, stripped of their bump, normal, and texture maps, they would look like grey humanoids with no features. I wouldn't expect Catalyst or any video playback software to be able to mimic this though there are some cool things that can be done with hight maps and shaders to look like 3d. A hieght map is a gradient black and white image and there are some open gl shaders that could be implemented to create some interesting stuff.

That being said, I really look at Catalyst as a great playback program with some very cool efects and options.

Christian Choi

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    i can give you more models in a test version - if you like?
    Do you mean more wavefront .obj files (In which case I'm fine creating my own) or the means of being able to use more of them.

When will the program have the "Ability to import 3-D images (.obj)" using the user interface?
    Best Regards

Mic Pool