Thread: 3d Objects

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by litemover View Post
    u need to make sure that you aren't using old G5 1.8ghz or 2ghz ppc machines that have only 512mb of memory if you go with the tripleheads. You really should have at least a dual 2.5 ppc or macintel with 2gb or higher mem and you need a dual link video card on the machine that you are using the triplehead2go on, also, don't mix and match resolutions, keep the general default settings in the tripleheads and don't futz with them and you'll be right. , Catalyst like the same resolutions out of each of the outputs of the triplehead.

BTW, the blending in Cat is awesome, very reliable and even with HD. You should try blending your submixes so they are seamless.

Hope that helps.
    cc
    Christian
    nothing less than intel or quad g5. pci-e
    doing the resolutions required 2400x600 or 3072x768 isnt even properly supported on older graphics cards.

We've already done a couple of shows using 2 tripleheads, so I'm sure we will be fine here since we're only using one. Are you saying that I need to run my preview monitor at 1024x768 and my triplehead at 3072x768 (I know the machine can handle this as I've run both outputs at 3072x768)? Or can I run my preview monitor higher? We're doing all of the programming through the hud for this show, so it would really help to have as big a preview monitor as possible.

I think edge blending would be cleaner as well, but my designer has done a test shoot and he's convinced that tiling is clean enough. He's afraid of loosing intensity by having to spread each of the projectors over a larger area.

Quote Originally Posted by joshgubler View Post
    We've already done a couple of shows using 2 tripleheads, so I'm sure we will be fine here since we're only using one. Are you saying that I need to run my preview monitor at 1024x768 and my triplehead at 3072x768 (I know the machine can handle this as I've run both outputs at 3072x768)? Or can I run my preview monitor higher? We're doing all of the programming through the hud for this show, so it would really help to have as big a preview monitor as possible.
    vga refresh rates on multiple monitors can interfere-
    sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.
    60Hz isnt exactly 60Hz 75Hz isnt 75Hz.
    at 1280x1024 its 59.98 and 1024x768 its 60.02 - things like this- at different resolutions the refresh is different
    you set one screen to one resolution and the other to another - and the real refresh rates cannot be handled very well.
    you have to test.
    its much better on intel machines. but not good on older g5's

Quote Originally Posted by joshgubler View Post
    I think edge blending would be cleaner as well, but my designer has done a test shoot and he's convinced that tiling is clean enough. He's afraid of loosing intensity by having to spread each of the projectors over a larger area.
    'edge' blending isnt just a computer thing - it can be the projector angle, the projector brightnesses, color temperature, angle of incidence, screen gain. all sorts of things.
    projecting a image onto a screen - has falloff to the edges because the light has travelled further, and light falloffs is 1/(distance squared )