Thread: switch between cat settings

switch between cat settings

Hi

I want to be able to repatch the Catalyst (8) without rewriting the show (-patch) on the console in case a catalyst server goes down.
    The console I use to "play back" the show is a Hog 500 and very slow in loading a second show with a diffferent patch (from floppy disk). It would take 5 minutes before the show is loaded, which is close to eternity during a live show.
    Thus I would like to know whether there is a way to "switch" between different patches in the Catalyst software. I would want to avoid manually re-naming cat settings files.
    Is is possible to have a second Catalyst Application folder on the same system (with a different Cat settings file) without causing a conflict?

Best wishes,

Sven

Quote Originally Posted by Sven
    Hi

I want to be able to repatch the Catalyst (8) without rewriting the show (-patch) on the console in case a catalyst server goes down.
    The console I use to "play back" the show is a Hog 500 and very slow in loading a second show with a diffferent patch (from floppy disk). It would take 5 minutes before the show is loaded, which is close to eternity during a live show.
    Thus I would like to know whether there is a way to "switch" between different patches in the Catalyst software. I would want to avoid manually re-naming cat settings files.
    Is is possible to have a second Catalyst Application folder on the same system (with a different Cat settings file) without causing a conflict?

Best wishes,

Sven
    you mean the dmx settings?

the screen preferences?

Quote Originally Posted by Sven
    yes it is possible to have mulitple settings.

settings are localised in the same folder as the application.

nothing is stored in any global system preferences.

I always do preferences like this.

Yes, I need to be able to switch between different dmx settings in Catalyst.
    Looks like the application folder route is going to solve that.

Thanks,

Sven