Thread: SMPTE Reader

SMPTE Reader

SMPTE Reader is not working for me. Checked L & R. PowerBook G4 Titanium. OS 10.3.8. SMPTE is getting to PowerBook - confirmed by headphones. Good level viewed in System Preferences/Sound/Input.

Don

audio totally changed in osx.

I might have disabled this to make it compile - some time ago.

Ill see if i can make it work again.

re; SMPTE

Have started using MOTU do the SMPTE read & convert to MIDI Time Code. Cleaner set up now with only USB cable coming from rack to Mac.

Don

SMPTE/MTC from MOTU Express XT

I've been trying to upgrade our show control system to OSX (10.4.3) from OS9.x. Having trouble getting SAMSC 5d27 to see MTC from MOTU Express XT via USB. I can see LTC in Clockworks LTC Quicklock. Can not see MTC in SAMSC Midi Time Code Input Device. I've done it before on a different system & different MOTU model. Don't recall doing anything I didn't try today.

Is it something I'm doing wrong?

PS. Also tried to plug LTC SMPTE into mac input. Still doesn't work with SAMSC.

Don

Same Here !

Motu Time Piece XT . It say Device off line

Quote Originally Posted by emilianomorgia
    Same Here !

'smpte reader' - is NOT the midi timecode input device - -- SMPTE reader used to read audio directly from the sound port.

they are different.

for mtc input you need the midi time code input device.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by emilianomorgia
    Same Here !

if a midi device says 'offline' you need to check the audio midi setup application.

and whatever software the midi device has to control its ports.

---

audio midi setup app screen capture shown below - showing both active and 'offline' devices.
    if in doubt delete everything, and start from scratch with an empty setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    'smpte reader' - is NOT the midi timecode input device - -- SMPTE reader used to read audio directly from the sound port.

they are different.

for mtc input you need the midi time code input device.
    Not in the Motu XT . the motu Xt read the SMPTE and send it to an MIDI output as MTC .

I had installed other apps that use the MTC to make sure that the converted SMPTE was sent to mac as MTC and the other apps read it correcly .

the Pix do not read what the other app read .

Quote Originally Posted by samsc
    if a midi device says 'offline' you need to check the audio midi setup application.

and whatever software the midi device has to control its ports.

---

audio midi setup app screen capture shown below - showing both active and 'offline' devices.
    if in doubt delete everything, and start from scratch with an empty setup.
    Ok this couse me a lot of problem , actually the PixMad say device offline because the device s driver was corrupted . At fisrt time i take a while to understand that because the device was showed in the midi set up .

Btw after restoring the driver , other apps did read the MTC but not PIXMAD .

i did resolve the problem . I had to lunch the Motu in the garbage !!!

I m now using a old MidiMan Syncman that convert SMPTE to MTC then the MTC goes in a Saffire LE so now Pixel Mad recognize the TC .

I strongly raccomand to do NOT use MOTU XT or AV . those things are @+"><£ ... you know what I mean .

Also I think if richard could make a SMPTE READER module into the Cat / PM / SaMsc control pannel , where those use the LINE IN to get SMPTE things will be more easy .

thanks