Thread: 'CatCtrl Presets' & 'Mirror Image'

Lightbulb 'CatCtrl Presets' & 'Mirror Image'

Hi Richard,

Two Ideas... Firstly, what are your thoughts on creating a set of selectable presets for the Catalyst Control window?

What I had in mind; Catalyst would open as normal - Once open, you could create and save (in a similar way to presets), a number of different configs for the Catalyst Control window. ie;

[SET1] - Output1 = MixAllLayer w/FX
    Output2 = MixAllLayer w/FX
    VideoIn#1 = On, VideoIn#2 = Off

[SET2] - Output1 = Mix 1,2 w/FX
    Output2 = Mix 3,4,5,6,7,8 w/FX
    VideoIn#1 = Off, VideoIn#2 = On

[SET3] - Output1 = Mix 1,2,3,4 w/FX
    Output2 = Mix 5,6,7,8 w/FX
    VideoIn#1 = Off, VideoIn#2 = Off
    SerialControl = On

...you get the picture.

I was thinking you could use a single channel of dmx for control, you'd only need a handful of presets (maybe four?) and patch this function as an additional seperate 'fixture' so there's no need to alter the existing control lib.

This could be kept completely seperate from the [CatSettings.txt] so there's no danger of screwing start-up settings. And so that Catalyst would default to 'last-quit' settings (as it would normally) if this function is either not patched or is recieving a DMX value of 000.

I feel this would greatly increase flexibility/functionality in situations where a variety of configs are desirable, but one is limited to using only a single server and two projectors...

The second idea (this is actually more of a PixelMad thing for me but guess it's relevant here too)...

What do you think about adding a mirror function to the Visual FX channel?

I know this can be done very easily using multiple layers, but it's nice to preserve layers where possible. I was thinking of three different functions;
    'Mirror Image along layer's X-Axis', 'Mirror Image along layer's Y-Axis' and 'Mirror Image along layer's X&Y-Axis' (4-way)

I've no idea how easy, practical or useful you think this is but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts...

Kind Regards,
    Rich Stembridge

Unhappy

Richard,

Apologies, I've just looked at Mike Hanson's "HES LA" thread - it seems my first idea is merely a variation on a theme...

can you write software - richardS?

You want to write your own mirror mode plugin?

...I don't write software - but I get the point!

R.