Thread: Recording

Recording

I tried capturing midi but no cues were created.
    I could see the midi coming in on my interface and in the midi trigger window.
    Bug ?

Stefan

no idea.

not tried this for ages.

Maybe you could look into this some time in the future...
    Don't need it right now, but i loved this because it was possible to have everybody just run their show. After that i just had to fine tune the timing.
    Also great because i didn't need custom control panels or fiddle out the midi specs of the equipment.

stefan

i used the record feature myself on shows.
    i did a george michael /mary j blige promo and recording cues from the keyboard.

I've just managed to capture incoming midi q's on to a cuelist (with sound track), and it displays the wait times ok and plays back ok in both timeline and list views.

However...
    If i t go and change a comment in the list view, and press enter - the wait time dissapears.. (3rd Q)
    If I try and change a wait time for a 'set' cue or edit the comments, the wait time format changes (!?) (5&6th Q)
    The only way i have got the wait times to display properly again is to close the 'cuelist' window and re-open it from the window menu - or change the 'display times at' options.....

Edits:
    If I try anf change a 'go' cue attribute - its fine - i.e cue, list, path (page)
    But...
    If I try and change a 'set' cue attributes, all I get is an empty box... cant chage any values.

See attached pic for explanations...

Can you explain what i'm seeing on the wait time on the 'set' cues?
    What does the small triangle signify for the set cues that are really close together?
    what is the second wait time that apeas when i click on a triangle? (fine time?)

Status window works well for midi in/out - but i cant find the little box on the device control which used to say something like 'last go' for MSC.??

thanks

S
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mr_P; 22-03-2005 at 02:39 AM.

Thanks.

ill check these things.

Of course i was being stupid, it wasn't capturing because i didn't set any output on the midi panel...
    After doing that it recorded fine, and played back fine.
    I am however experiencing similar problems when trying to edit the commands. No problems when editing times.

stefan

8. related to my crash / editing cue info-hotkey

I wonder if this is realted to my crashes when editing cue info on an item stored in a hotkey?

Quote Originally Posted by FireAntDesign.com
    I wonder if this is realted to my crashes when editing cue info on an item stored in a hotkey?
    no relation