Quote Originally Posted by Spam Butterfly
One of the biggest problems facing people who make content is the lack of DRM metadata in the codecs that we use. Many people who rent Catalysts are worried about their custom content wandering when they rent out the systems. As yet, very few codecs support DRM.

Some other media server companies have used file vault as a way of protecting content, but this kills performance.

Hugh
Like always, people born as collectors, act as collectors.One guy at a other company that also sells content did ask me to check if it was a possibility to make the clips working just for a limited time, I said that was options to have copy protection but I think it´s like the music and film industry, whatever you do to protect clips people will find a way to copy them or rip them.We want to sell our content of course, for a price that people hopefully don´t hesitate to buy them. We know that copy content will happen so the only way that I see it is to have the "standard" content in one folder and all your special stuff in a separate folder that you secure wipe after the job.

After I have made a job I carefully wipe out the special stuff I made from the systems if my customer wants that.

But last days in Istanbul, we did see digigobos from our series(not from the show) in a commercial for shampoo in the airport channel.........

If someone have a bright idea,that should be good, but I´m think that we have to trust people as much as we can, and accept the "collectors",they will always be there.