Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using pixelmad 'grid' fixtures

i forgot to do something. with xml 'grid' fixtures - i did had done it for fixtures with individual pixels like the hi-res color web - but forgot for general fixture

can you try new version for me?

i emailed you the address.

That works.

Just needed to change the 1b size profile to:

<Fixture menuname="Test moodlight 8x8 1b" uniqueid="MOO2" excelexportid="MOO2" pixelwidth="8" pixelheight="8" output="RGB" channelcount="192" orientation="BOTTOMLEFT"/>

Seems to be doing what it should now on the tile.

Thanks Richard

Cheers

Toby

great. thanks.

i left it at 5 and 8 pixels for me - so i could check it worked right when orientated in different directions.

---

are there any other fixtures you think i should add?

or any other things you might need to do with the xml?

---

I had a fixture last week that needed the R and G and B to be all together, red channels first.
    I added a 'stride' attribute-
    Code:
    	<Fixture menuname="Test CLS Mirror Panel 1" uniqueid="CLS1" excelexportid="CLS1" pixelwidth="8" pixelheight="1" output="CUSTOM" comment="CLS Mirror Panel 1" channelcount="24" channelsperpixel="3" orientation="BOTTOMLEFT">
    		<channel index="1" output="RED" stride="0" />
    		<channel index="2" output="GREEN" stride="8"/>
    		<channel index="3" output="BLUE" stride="16" />
    	</Fixture>

That fixed my immediate problem. I am sure other interesting things will come along. Especially custom configurations for installations.

Rotation would be kind of cool for panels or Colour web. e.g. when you want to tilt a panel 45 degrees and have the image stay horizontal to the ground.

Some kind of Primer for the XML would be good. Speaking for myself I am used to dabbling in files like this because of the Hog, Grandma and Show Designer, but my knowledge of XML is very limited. It would be good to have a guide for everyone if they need to create a new fixture and don't understand the parameters.

At least now people can create a fixture and share it.

Cheers

Toby

i tried to keep the xml very simple so that anyone who dabbles with things like hog 2 profiles could dabble in this.

Hi Richard:
    Please i need 3 fixture library to Catalyst, a grid of 5X5 RGBW, one grid 5X2 RGB and 5X2 intensity
    Its possible??

Thanks
    Edgar Granados Contreras
    TFD Consulting Group
    Mexico City