Thread: Using pixelmad 'grid' fixtures

Hybrid View

Okay, have done some testing.

On first appearances the fixture is correct on screen with an arrow in the top left corner pointing down when I set the fixture to "Down".

However, when I plug in the tile 64 it is behaving as if the start point is Top Right and the GUI is 180 deg out. Pleas see attached pic.

The white box is the area that is being displayed on the tile and is flipped as if the top right corner is the start.

I have tried changing the XML definition to Top Left but the start square remains at Top Right.

Cheers

Toby
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pixel capture.jpg 
Views:	782 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	240  

i forgot to do something. with xml 'grid' fixtures - i did had done it for fixtures with individual pixels like the hi-res color web - but forgot for general fixture

can you try new version for me?

i emailed you the address.

That works.

Just needed to change the 1b size profile to:

<Fixture menuname="Test moodlight 8x8 1b" uniqueid="MOO2" excelexportid="MOO2" pixelwidth="8" pixelheight="8" output="RGB" channelcount="192" orientation="BOTTOMLEFT"/>

Seems to be doing what it should now on the tile.

Thanks Richard

Cheers

Toby

great. thanks.

i left it at 5 and 8 pixels for me - so i could check it worked right when orientated in different directions.

---

are there any other fixtures you think i should add?

or any other things you might need to do with the xml?

---

I had a fixture last week that needed the R and G and B to be all together, red channels first.
    I added a 'stride' attribute-
    Code:
    	<Fixture menuname="Test CLS Mirror Panel 1" uniqueid="CLS1" excelexportid="CLS1" pixelwidth="8" pixelheight="1" output="CUSTOM" comment="CLS Mirror Panel 1" channelcount="24" channelsperpixel="3" orientation="BOTTOMLEFT">
    		<channel index="1" output="RED" stride="0" />
    		<channel index="2" output="GREEN" stride="8"/>
    		<channel index="3" output="BLUE" stride="16" />
    	</Fixture>

That fixed my immediate problem. I am sure other interesting things will come along. Especially custom configurations for installations.

Rotation would be kind of cool for panels or Colour web. e.g. when you want to tilt a panel 45 degrees and have the image stay horizontal to the ground.

Some kind of Primer for the XML would be good. Speaking for myself I am used to dabbling in files like this because of the Hog, Grandma and Show Designer, but my knowledge of XML is very limited. It would be good to have a guide for everyone if they need to create a new fixture and don't understand the parameters.

At least now people can create a fixture and share it.

Cheers

Toby

i tried to keep the xml very simple so that anyone who dabbles with things like hog 2 profiles could dabble in this.