Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using pixelmad 'grid' fixtures

Using pixelmad 'grid' fixtures

If you have a large rectangular array of fixtures - you dont have to create a fixture for every single pixel.
    You can use the 'GRID' fixture.
    I have a few array sizes defined in the fixture type menu, but if you use a spreadsheet to import- then you can use any size of grid you need.

Here I have only 2 fixtures, one is a 12x12 rgb grid, and the other is a 10x10 black and white grid.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you explain this a little further. How do you define a Custom RGB grid size?

I don't understand what you mean by using a spreadsheet

Cheers

Toby

Okay worked it out, but

If I want to use it for the Moodlight 64, I can't get the orientation correct as none of the four options left,right,up,down are correct.

I need a left/down combination or a specific fixture as mentioned elsewhere.

Changing the physical tile orientation isn't really an option as it has keyways on the back that only work in one direction.

Cheers

Toby

i added ability to define own fixtures recently - but it hasnt made it out yet.

I take it that is not in the latest Catalyst m95 Beta release?

Cheers

Toby

it did- its in there.

there is an xml file which defines fixtures.

what do you want to do?

Hmmm, Sneaky

I found the file and duplicated the Test 1b fitting, changed the names and pixel counts and appear to have a fixture compatible with the Moodlight Tile 64. I will test with the tile today.

I don't usually like to dabble in the innards of the Package in case I break something.

Cheers

Toby

i need to have an external file as well.

but fiddling with xml type files is not for the faint hearted. so i dont think many people will do it.
    it will probably crash if you get something wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by tharding
    Hmmm, Sneaky

I found the file and duplicated the Test 1b fitting, changed the names and pixel counts and appear to have a fixture compatible with the Moodlight Tile 64. I will test with the tile today.

I don't usually like to dabble in the innards of the Package in case I break something.

Cheers

Toby
    you want to post what you did?

Okay, have done some testing.

On first appearances the fixture is correct on screen with an arrow in the top left corner pointing down when I set the fixture to "Down".

However, when I plug in the tile 64 it is behaving as if the start point is Top Right and the GUI is 180 deg out. Pleas see attached pic.

The white box is the area that is being displayed on the tile and is flipped as if the top right corner is the start.

I have tried changing the XML definition to Top Left but the start square remains at Top Right.

Cheers

Toby
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pixel capture.jpg 
Views:	608 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	240