Multichannel sound only seems to playback white noise when an aif is selected - I;ve tried a number of different files - .aif and they are the same. Files are large, so I wont attach them, but its a straight copy from a CD. - drag and drop.

MP3's however, do work with the multichannel audio box. - Volume control works, and I can route it thru to either the system speaker or my Delta DIO 2496. (when the driver wants to work, and doesn't crash catalyst!..)

I can playback the same .aif and mp3 files using the quicktime box - but I cant seem to choose where to route the sound to. It only plays back via the system speaker - is there a way of re-routing it to my M-Audio Delta DIO 2496 card.

following on from this - is it possible to route the sound to any other output (apart from the system speaker) in catalyst? (Am I correct in thinking that sound is only enabled on layer 1?) Also - being that quicktime can playback an aif or mp3 file outside of catalyst - is it possible to do the same within catalyst? - didn't seem to work when I tried... (does in samsc...)

thanks

S