Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 50hz

sven.

if you can make your monitor work at 50hz, i can make a change to the software to help support this.

maybe not an option, but a decent scan-convertor should fix this...

saw a similar problem with the guys on riverdance - running single output 1024x768 75Hz w/Extron scan-convertor to two Barco R18s.

they use black/white strobe for one of the cues. The effect is exactly as Richard describes previously with the DL1s - A very clear banding three-quarters of the way down the image.

I tried every acheivable combination of resolution/refresh-rate. Even tried making the black a very dark blue in case the projector was seeing these frames as a lack of signal???

only way to make it go was to use a Folsom ImagePRO scan-convertor which will happily sit at 200Hz. (As far as I remember, the banding dissapeared at 100Hz)

not sure of your setup there - sounds like you're going 1280x1024 direct into the projectors?

If you're using a scan-convertor, I'd try tweaking there before you make any changes on the G5 - I think your input frequency to the R18s wants to go up instead of down!

Could even be projector problems? If there's a grounding or phasing issue between the signal source and the R18s, it's possible you'll see exactly the same flicker on every projector.

I'm sure you've tried this already, but if it's isolated to individual projectors be sure to try cross-plugging all your inputs in case its something like a convergence problem on the projector, or all your sources to eliminate any scan-convertor issues

Anyway, hope you get to the bottom of it.

Have you had any more problems with the G5s?

Rich Stembridge

I had some issues with performance on a system that was solved switching to refresh rate. The projector boys told me their input had to be 60Hz. Changed it to 75H and using 1024 x 768. This was on a Barco R18.
    Worked great.

A buddy of mine works for Barco, i'll let him chime in to tell us how they look at this.

M

Quote Originally Posted by RichieS
    saw a similar problem with the guys on riverdance - running single output 1024x768 75Hz w/Extron scan-convertor to two Barco R18s.

they use black/white strobe for one of the cues. The effect is exactly as Richard describes previously with the DL1s - A very clear banding three-quarters of the way down the image.
    Rich Stembridge
    This means they have their own internal refresh rate - nothing at all can be done about this.
    its the way the projector works.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    I had some issues with performance on a system that was solved switching to refresh rate. The projector boys told me their input had to be 60Hz. Changed it to 75H and using 1024 x 768. This was on a Barco R18.M
    Performance issues are something else.

There is a bug in opengl after about osx 10.3.5 which requires the installation of the ATI displays control panel and software.
    otherwise 60hz doesnt work well, but 75 works fine.

Did you check this?

I have been using R12s lately always at 75hz and no issues.

Cheers

Toby

Quote Originally Posted by tharding
    I have been using R12s lately always at 75hz and no issues.

Cheers

Toby
    try doing a very fast strobe- one frame on one frame off.

This is NOT a problem with normal usage at all.

just doesnt work well with projectors that do internal processing in a certain way.