Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 50hz

I use Barco DLP projectors - G5, G8, G10, R12 on a regular basis all running at 75Hz with no issues. And I live in a world of PAL.

I have however once had an issue with A Folsom Screen Pro not liking 75Hz.

Cheers

Toby

I know they had problems on eurovision last year.
    Cant remember what is was or how they solved it.

I have seen problems with the DL1 running at 75Hz.
    It seems to have an internal buffer that works better at 60Hz. if you strobe it at 75hz you get frame glitching. this isnt noticeable with normal footage.

Question

I am using Barco ELM R18s. I have a fairly constant flicker on a few lines at 1280x1024 75Hz. However, while it is noticable on the line-up grid, it is not noticable on the content I have at the momemnt. The content may change to be more graphic with more fine lines and that may show the flicker.
    I do not have a lot of head room on the processing side, since I have to run sxga using photo jpeg at 60 sq. Thus I want to avoid running at 60Hz.
    I have re-configured the grapics card to overide os settings, but seen no noticable change to the 60hz output.

Sven

Quote Originally Posted by Sven
    I am using Barco ELM R18s. I have a fairly constant flicker on a few lines at 1280x1024 75Hz. However, while it is noticable on the line-up grid, it is not noticable on the content I have at the momemnt. The content may change to be more graphic with more fine lines and that may show the flicker.Sven
    could be some kindof active temporal deinterlacing in the barco processing?

They might have a deinterlacing algorithm which works with successive frames?

I havent seen the options available in the barco menus recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_P
    So I'd just have to find out what playback speed gives 25fps (for correct spped for the footage) when 30Hz playback is selected.

- Fairly simple to establish that level on the playback channel and change the default on the hog profile.

Good workaround - but not really a fix for the DLP's....
    You might see a slight visual stutter - just as you get when you slow down any footage-
    But there is a lot of this stuttering on TV - with not so good conversions between PAL and NTSC on older TV shows.

Most audiences wont notice.

Is this problem only an issue with the larger panels i.e. 1280 x 1024 in the R series projectors or has it been reported in the G series also?

My experience has predominantly with G series projectors and I have only done a couple of brief demos with some new R12s.

But as I have a month of multiple shows with R12s ahead you have me worried!

Cheers

Toby

sven.

There is a small control panel which claims to be able to switch monitors to 50HZ.

SwitchRes X
    http://www.madrau.com/html/SRX/About.html

I installed the demo once, and it did some really wierd things, and i couldnt find a way to uninstall it - so dont do this on a real system.

I also might have to make some slight software changes to run at 50Hz.

There also seems to be something called

DisplayConfigX which does the same thing.

I really havent tried or installed this....

http://voodoofx.all.de/displayconfigx/

this looks quite geeky and scary - but seems to give a lot of control....

Ok. Thanks. I will play around with it when I get a moment.
    Very useful to find out all those things which have been disovered in this thread.

Sven

Quote Originally Posted by Sven
    Ok. Thanks. I will play around with it when I get a moment.
    Very useful to find out all those things which have been disovered in this thread.

Sven
    dont play on a live machine, it might break something....