Thread: pro-tools and audio playback

pro-tools and audio playback

Will i be able to playback multichannel audio movies using pro-tools hardware?

apparently digidesign support a core audio driver. so yes hopefully in osx 10.3 catalyst will playback multichannel audio using protools hardware.

http://www.musicalmac.com/modules.ph...rder=0&thold=0

This could be very handy for some ofthe permanent installations we are looking at.

Will watch this space!

Quote Originally Posted by RobF
    This could be very handy for some ofthe permanent installations we are looking at.

Will watch this space!
    apple failed to get the last revision ( qt 6.5 ) to do multi-channel audio - they had promised it.
    It never appeared.

The multi-channel audio support is coming soon. It has been waiting on some other existing software packages to be released with the Digi-Design hardware support.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb
    The multi-channel audio support is coming soon. It has been waiting on some other existing software packages to be released with the Digi-Design hardware support.
    Who did you hear that from?
    It was promised a year ago at WWDC.

I wanna do surround sound in movies....

I saw the posting and asked a friend about it. He said that it was being worked on. Not sure how soon, but hopefully very soon. I need to call Emory and ask. He is out right now. He and his wife are the proud parents of a baby girl. He's off work for this, but still answers his phone. He was going to try to get back with me tomorrow.

i put audio playback into 3.3

people need to tell me if it works properly or not.